Natural Cotton Fiber Insulation
In stock at Olive Branch
Ultratouch Natural Cotton Insulation is made from post-consumer recycled denim (meaning: mountains of blue jeans diverted from the landfill), processed back into a loose fiber form, treated with borate, and passed through an oven to achieve bonding into solid batts. There is zero waste in the manufacturing process, with all scraps recycled back into the insulation. We at Olive Branch Green Building Supply love this product, so much so that we went to Chandler, AZ over the holidays last winter and took a tour of the plant.
- Ultratouch does not itch and is easy to handle.
- Ultratouch is manufactured in oversized widths to ensure a tight friction fit and fill capacity.
- Ultratouch provides maximum R-value performance.
- Ultratouch is a Class-A building material that meets or exceeds ASTM testing for both residential and comercial batt insulation.
- The Ultratouch patented proprietary process treats each individual fiber with a boron-based fire retardant. This treatment not only acts as a superior fire-retardant, it also impedes the growth of fungus, mold, and resists pests.
- Ultratouch’s patented manufacturing technology creates a three-dimensional infrastructure that traps, isolates, and controls sound waves.
- Ultratouch offers an extremely high Noise Reduction Coefficient to effectively reduce airborne sound transmission including traffic, airplanes, radios, televisions, and conversation.
- Ultratouch contains no chemical irritants and requires no carcinogenic warning labels compared to other traditional insulation products.
- Ultratouch contains no harmful airborne particulates, eliminating health concerns regarding particulates in the surrounding environment.
- Ultratouch contains an EPA registered fungal inhibitor to actively resist the growth of mold, fungi, and bacteria.
- Ultratouch recently passed the extremely stringent Environmental Specification 1350 Indoor Air Pollutant testing for California Public Schools.
- Ultratouch consists almost entirely of natural denim and cotton fibers that are 100% recyclable, reducing landfill waste. The denim and cotton are also 100% post-industrial.
- Ultratouch requires a minimal amount of energy to manufacture, aiding the environment with energy conservation and reduction in pollution compared to other types of traditional insulation.
Ultratouch Natural Cotton Fiber Insulation can contribute to LEED™ credits. Ultratouch contains 90% post-consumer recycled content. Ultratouch does not contain any harmful chemicals or irritants (less toxic than table salt) and therefore does not pose any VOC or off-gassing concerns.
San Diego residents: 15¢/sq.ft. rebates are currently available from San Diego Gas & Electric until rebate money runs out. Buy now! We at Olive Branch Green Building Supply are happy to help you with the rebate process. For more information go to http://www.sdge.com/residential/insulation.shtml
There is also a Federal Tax Rebate up to $1,500. Ask your tax professional.
Online purchasing will be available soon. In the meantime, please email or call us to complete your order.
Click to watch our instructional videos: